“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I learn. Involve me and I remember.” - Benjamin Franklin
Ben Franklin was more than a famous inventor. He was a founding father, the first American millionaire and a student of constant and never ending personal improvement. This quote came to our attention and struck a chord regarding music lessons and how to comprehensively "involve" our students in the learning process. In response we wanted to bring attention to a number of supplemental tools created to enrich the music lesson experience and ensure results. These services are here as a part of the learning process and open to all students. Some have been in place for a long time, while others are brand new. We encourage everyone to take full advantage of these resources and watch the magic of music unfold.
Check Out Our Music Lessons Blog
- Visit www.soundlifelessons.com/blog
- Packed with inspiring, educational, insightful, and enriching articles for students and parents of students
We have a large catalog of blogs for every question imaginable. Every time a student or parent raises a pertinent question we write it down and do our due diligence to research and generate a helpful and thorough response that can be shared with our entire community.
Read Our Monthly Newsletter
- Every month we send out a community newsletter featuring a local concert calendar, student of the month, school-related news, coupons, and success stories of both our instructors and students
You may have found your way here via our newsletter, but if you did not, please sign up. This is a complimentary service and we work hard to power pack each month with relevant and helpful information including a local concert calendar and quarterly discounts.
Follow A Shared Practice Planner
- This is a brand new program launching April 1 2018.
- Our instructors will write lesson assignments into a shared document so students and parents alike can always see what they are supposed to be working on and how far they have come.
- The instructor will also text a copy of each weekly assignment to the parent, student, or point of contact so they are always in the loop.
We realize how busy everyone can get and we know that it is not always easy to keep track of your lesson assignments. This is why we created a shareable practice planner. Parents and students can now save and access their weekly assignments 24/7. Students no longer have to fear if something goes lost and parents can be involved even from a distance.
SoundLife Community Facebook Page
- This is a brand new program launching April 1 2018
- We created a SoundLife Facebook group for students, teachers, and parents only. This page is a place for students and parents to ask questions and interact with other students and parents. This is also a safe place to advertise upcoming performances, school functions, fundraisers, and accomplishments.
- Visit: www.facebook.com/groups/studentsofsoundlife
This is not just us telling you to follow our Facebook page. We wanted to create a space for teachers, students, and parents to interact with another. We will putting up supplemental lesson material, cool articles, and community events. Parent and students can also chime in and ask questions to the entire community.
- On the last Saturday of every month, we host an open jam session for current students and their friends to gather together and work on band material under the guidance and supervision of a real touring musician.
- For info, visit: https://www.soundlifelessons.com/home/blog/the-soundlife-jam
There is no substitute for playing music with others. Music was meant to be shared. This “jam session” is a place to try new things, sharpen your skills, meet others, and just have fun! We recognize that it’s hard today for kids to make bands with friends at school, so we created a place where they can do that every month.
- All students are encouraged to participate in our two annual Student Showcases. These concerts feature solo performers, duos, and full bands. This is an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their progress, meet other students, and get inspired. All participants receive a video of their performance and professional rock star photos.
- For info, visit: http://www.soundlifelessons.com/student-showcase
Our concerts are held at a real venue and give students the chance to play gigs on stage in a variety of settings. Every time we hold a concert student improve. Participating in the concert stimulated “goal” oriented learning, which has proven to be the most efficient way to master new skills.
Follow Us On Instagram
- We are always sharing student success stories, inspiring quotes from music legends, fun musical facts, and highlight videos from student performances.
We are not trying to sell people on following us because we need the followers. This Instagram page is curated specifically to encourage music fans and students so that they have daily inspiration to practice, listen to, and play music.